Hey guys! This is my first travel diary on my blog! I’m really happy that I’m finally doing it!
I been traveling for a few years and been to more than 30 countries (Yes, i love traveling so much!) So, since every person I know(everyone from my friends, family and real estate clients) asks or suggests to blog about my travelings, I decided to give it a try and start with my most recent travel to New York.
I wanted to write my experiences, suggestions and tips. I will start blogging for all my trips and change the direction of my blog since I love my career in Real Estate but sometimes I need a break from my passion and thought that a good way was by writing about my recent and past trips and also share some youtube videos about it.
So, without further ado I present you my first Travel diary about New York.
My Travel Diary: New York
I traveled to New York on July 3th, 2o17 for the 4th of July Weekend. I been to New York many times but I feel each getaway to New York is always different and special.
From Miami we can always find time to travel to New York since there are many flight options daily.
We stayed at the brand new Four Seasons Hotel in Downtown, just a one block away from World Trade Center and about 4 blocks from Tribeca, A few more blocks from Soho and a short walk to the Brooklyn Bridge.
The Four Seasons Hotel Downtown was beautiful decorated in a modern style, the room was big for New York sizes and the bathroom was beautiful in marble and a beautiful bathtub. The hotel had a spa, gym and a indoor pool. The room service food was not bad but the Four Seasons Hotel customer service was really bad!! The staff was not friendly, were very disorganized and unapologetic. I think regarding customer service is the worst Four Seasons I ever stay in! However, the good thing about the hotel was that was pet friendly and we were able to bring Lolita with us and the king size bed on our room was so comfy and soft!
Since it was the 4th of July weekend there were many People in New York but that didn’t stop us from strolling the city and going to our favorite places in New York.
Must do NYC:
- When you travel with a doggie is so worthy to go to Central Park and just enjoy the park and it’s energy.
- Shop at Soho stores and of course have a coffee at my favorite Starbucks in Soho in the Corner of Sping St and Crosby St.
- Stroll 5TH Ave and if it’s your first time in NYC mind us well take a picture at Rockefeller Center which is now featuring a Jeff Koon ballerina sculpture. I love it!
- Explore Meatpacking district picture perfect neighborhood and take pictures from Lebain rooftop, Gansevoort Hotel or if you are a member from the Soho House terrace.
- MoMA Museum of modern art one of the biggest collections and influential museum in the world. A beautiful building with beautiful creations by contemporary and modern artists like Andy Warhol, Claude Money (my favorite!), Pablo Picasso, Frida Kahlo, Roy Lichtenstein, Van Gogh, among other amazing artists.
- Stroll and shop in Tribeca which now a days I think I’m liking it better than Soho.
- Brookfield Place, there are many shops and a few quite lunch stops on the go perfect when you are exploring the city.
- Rent some Citi Bikes which are located anywhere around the city. And if you can cross the Brooklyn bridge on the bicycles or just walk to take awesome pictures from there. I suggest going early morning since by noon the bridge gets packed!
- Explore Williamsburg and Brooklyn. There are many hip and cool stores around Williamsburg and some great cute restaurants and coffee shops. My favorite store Le Labo in Williamsburg.
- And since it was Fourth of July, we watched the fireworks from The William Vale hotel rooftop in Williamsburg with amazing views of New York City skyline and of course the breathtaking fireworks!
Where to eat:
This are my favorite places where I enjoy the food and the service. There are soo many options in NYC but this are just the places I visited this trip that I always go back to them!
- Lunch or late lunch at The Modern next to the MoMA Museum.
- Casual Lunch at The Odeon
- Juices, smoothies and snacks at Dr. Smooth in Tribeca. I’m the biggest fun of Dr. Smooth since there are 3 locations in Miami.
- Afternoon Drinks and snacks (crepes) with a beautiful view of New York and the river at Le Bain at which is located at the rooftop of the Standard Hotel in Meatpacking district.
- Night appetizers and drinks at the Boom Boom Room with a night view of the city lights just perfect.
- Lunch or dinner at Cipriani.
- Balthazar for Brunch, Lunch or Dinner works great and the food is really good!
- Casual lunch in Williamsburg Pizza at Diviera Drive
- Coffee at Toby’s Estate Coffee in Williamsburg.
- For a fun night out, The Roof at the brand new Public Hotel in Noho. The lounge is well designed and it looks like you are floating on the New York City skyline.
Our trip went great. We did what we enjoyed the most in New York City. Can’t wait to go back soon!! My favorite city in the U.S. after Miami, of course!
See you soon New York City!
Love, Live Miami