Before the summer ended we decided to book a trip to Greece!! We booked it sort of last minute for the last week of September and first week of October to one of my dream destinations!
Greece for me was always on my travel list but never got the chance to go until this summer!! wohooo!! Our Greece vacation started with 24 hrs in Athens where we visited the acropolis and then the fun began in Mykonos!
So here, to make the story short is my travel diary to the amazing town of Mykonos in Greece!
Where to Stay:
Thinking about Mykonos the first thing it comes into mind is beautiful beaches, amazing sunsets and of course yummy greek food! So combining all that plus a luxurious stay at the 5 star Myconian Villa Collection make the perfect vacation in beautiful Mykonos.
We decided to book the Myconian Villa Collection because it was just a 15 min drive from Mykonos town and we wanted the tranquility and peace since it was our first time in Mykonos. The hotel is just beautiful!!! Myconian Villa Collection features beautiful rooms and villas with some great features. We booked a private villa named Villa Ornos with a private pool and terrace overlooking the ocean and Elia Beach. Our villa was tastefully decorated all in white with some wood accents and local artisan textiles. The bathroom was spacious with separate tub and raining shower. The most awesome feature of the room was obviously our terrace and private pool overlooking the ocean!
Myconian Villa Collection features a huge infinity pool overlooking the ocean and mountains, a really cool spa with Thalasso therapy pools, 3 restaurants and access to the amenities all the other Myconian hotels around the area and private area at Elia beach with sun beds. We really loved staying at Myconian Villa Collection because it was secluded but really close to town and to the main beach clubs! I definitely recommend staying here!
Another amazing hotel that I would recommend in Mykonos that we had the chance to experience is Cavo Tagoo Mykonos which is a 5 star boutique hotel with a super cool design and an amazing pool overlooking the ocean. The rooms are super spacious, modern, with great features and tastefully decorated. The customer service is really good as well! And is really close to Mykonos Town.
And the third option to recommend for your Mykonos’ vacation will be Casa Marina which is a luxury collection resort. The hotel features many amenities including 2 pools, a full spa, few restaurants and Buddha Bar beach club can be found in the hotel. The hotel has some nice rooms but it feels more like a resort but I would definitely recommend for somebody that likes 5 star resort hotels.
What to do in Mykonos:
Mykonos is an amazing island that offers a variety of options and places to explore from beach, to mountains, to beach clubs, to nightclubs and yummy food.
The best way to go around in Mykonos is by renting a car, scooter or ATV. We rented a scooter and it was awesome to get everywhere in Mykonos.
I think the must things to do and explore in Mykonos are:
- Explore and shop in Mykonos town. There are so many streets to get lost in and great greek designers and high end shops.
- Walk around Little Venice to find unbelievable spots all around the tiny Venice, so similar to Venice but with it’s own charm.
- Watch the sunset at the famous windmills in Mykonos in chora. You will find a ton of windmills around the island but the ones in chora are the most famous ones.
- There are many beach options and beach clubs but my favorites in Mykonos are: Scorpios which is amazing for drinks and to watch the sunset, Principote panormos that has a really cool beach and cool vibes and Buddha Bar beach club which it feels more upscale and uptight but is a beautiful place.
- There are many beach to explore that are virgin and you have to walk through stones and sometimes clime but they are fun and beautiful.
Where to eat in Mykonos:
- Lunch at Spilia seaside restaurant. Beautiful location with amazing views. You have to try the greek salad!!
- Matsuhisa at the Belvedere Hotel, a classic with amazing sushi.
- Scorpio Mykonos awesome location for drinks during sunset and great food for dinner! My favorite spot in Mykonos.
- Also, Principote Panormos beach club for lunch in a beautiful beach.
- Lunch or dinner at Buddha Bar Santa Marina.
- Espresso freddos any hour at Mykonos town overlooking the ocean and windmills!
Mykonos will not disappoint, I think it became my favorite summer destination. Mykonos is the perfect place to relax, chill out, to have fun, to visit beautiful spots, to eat amazing fresh food and to shop local greek designers! If Mykonos is not on your travel list, I recommend it to write it down! Mykonos will not disappoint you!
Comment below for questions or send me DM on instagram! Thank you for following my journey!