Hi dear readers!
Been MIA this couple of weeks because if you are following me on Instagram you know I recently become a mommy to a beautiful baby boy! We recently travel with baby Thomas and I will upload our travel guide soon but Gstaad travel guide is been long over due!! So here it is!
We traveled to Gstaad in Switzerland at the end of January 2018 and it was at Gstaad where I started my pregnancy symptoms so it became a very special place!
Gstaad is known for being a luxury winter vacation spot in Switzerland with five star hotels, Michelin star restaurants and lots of ski terrain.
We arrived to Gstaad from Geneva in the most iconic Swiss train GoldenPass classic line that feels like traveling in time and the glamour of the Belle Epoque. A romantic train with views of mountains and little chalets all the train way to Gstaad village.
Where to Stay:
Our stay in Gstaad was at the amazing Le Grand Bellevue 5 stars hotel that looks just like a fairytale paint in yellow and white with white snowy gardens. The interior is chic, sophisticated and modern with a chalet style twist with cozy and comfy rooms, the biggest spa in town and a 2 star Michelin star restaurant!
Le Grand Bellevue is just a magical place where it feels secluded from the town but yet is 2 walking minutes away from high- fashion promenade where you can find cute little shops and luxury boutiques like Louis Vuitton, Ralph Lauren, Hermes and Prada among others.
I loved everything about this hotel and the friendly and exceptional customer service!
What to do in the winter:
If you are traveling in the winter months then ski is what you must do. That’s actually the main reason why we decided to traveled to Gstaad. There are 3 separate mountains at Gstaad with lots of snow terrain but mostly intermediate runs, so if you are looking for more expert runs then I would suggest Zermatt which I will have a travel guide soon!
Where to eat:
Swiss cuisine in Switzerland does not disappoint and there are many delicious options in Gstaad mountain for lunch or apres ski.
My favorite that not one feature local as well as international choses with beautiful Swiss alps views are:
- Bergrestaurant Eggli which is a classic and easy to access if you are just visiting the mountain and not skiing.
- Horneggli nice views and local food with a rustic but cozy ambiance
- Wasserngrat with breathtaking views of the alps and the famous Meringues with double cream that are worth every calorie!
- La Videmanette more casual alpine restaurants with amazing views of the alps and valley which is perfect to enjoy with a hot chocolate before midday.
- Leonard’s the Michelin star restaurant at Le Grand Bellevue, we have dinner ever night and will not disappoint!